September 3 through February 29 (a 6 month intensive of instruction)
- 8:00 am to 7:00 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays (occasionally slight changes in end time).
- 2 Saturdays or Sundays per month (usually Saturday)
- NOTE: Students who wish to go at a slower pace may complete practicum 2 and 3 by August 15
Practicum: Be mindful of having a conversation with your employers about this time away from work
- Practicum & Observation 1 (100 hours)
- Practicum & Observation 2 (140 hours)
- Practicum & Observation 3 (190 hours)
You can expect to finish this course within 6-12 months (depending on your availability for practica).
All Basic Early Childhood Certificates must include the following courses:
- Child Development (90 hours)
- Health, Safety, and Nutrition (30 hours)
- Curriculum (85 hours)
- Guiding and Caring (45 hours)
- Curriculum 2 (85 hours)
- Foundations (45 hours)
- Child, Family and Community (45 hours)
- Curriculum 3 (55 hours)
Additional courses may be offered.