September Term 1 (The first Monday)
January Term 2.
May Term 3.
- 8:00 am to 5:00 p.m. Mondays
- 7:00 to 9:30 p.m. occasional Wednesdays
- 1-2 weekends day per month (usually Saturday)
- two 2-day residencies (Early September and end of June)
Practicum: Be mindful of having a conversation with your employers about this time away from work
- Practicum & Observation 1 (100 hours)
- Practicum & Observation 2 (140 hours)
- Practicum & Observation 3 (190 hours)
You can expect to finish this course within 10-12 months (depending on your availability for practica).
All Basic Early Childhood Certificates must include the following courses:
- Child Development (90 hours)
- Health, Safety, and Nutrition (30 hours)
- Curriculum (85 hours)
- Guiding and Caring (45 hours)
- Curriculum 2 (85 hours)
- Foundations (45 hours)
- Child, Family and Community (45 hours)
- Curriculum 3 (55 hours)
Additional courses may be offered.